We spent this Christmas at the beach with a few other families. One of my friends had brought a small tree and a cute wreath to decorate our little villa for the holiday. When she described how she had made the wreath, I realized it was a simple enough project for me to undertake! (That really is saying something about how simple it is!)
Isn’t it cute? I know, it’s a little late to be making a Christmas wreath (unless you just want a big head start on Christmas 2011), but this wreath could be made with any colors you want… so you could make a wintry wreath with blues and browns. Or a spring wreath full of lovely pastels.
- Wire Hanger
- Strips of fabric or ribbon (about three inches long)
- Ribbon for a bow, if you wish to add one
1. Pull the bottom of your wire hanger and stretch it down until you’ve made a roundish shape.
2. Start tying the ribbon and fabric around the hanger.
3. Keep tying on fabric and ribbon strips until your wreath thickens up and fills out. (This part took me almost an hour.)
4. Add a ribbon tied into a bow.
5. Hang it up and enjoy your lovely (and inexpensive) wreath!