Telling your spouse you love them vocally is oh-so-important, but there is just something special (and keepsake-y) about writing out your feelings for your husband.
My husband and I have a journal where we can write love notes to one another. I was inspired by our journals to our children, and we started one together. We don’t write often, but a few times a year we write down our thoughts about our marriage and our feelings for each other. We’ve had it since the spring of 2009, and I had a great time re-reading our letters to each other one day last week.
Every “love note” doesn’t have to be pages of ooshy-gooshy words to your spouse, try some of these ways to express your written love to your mate:
- After a shower, write a brief message on the fogged up mirror. When your husband gets out of the shower, hopefully he’ll see your note!
- Use your child’s bath alphabet toys, or magnetic letters on the fridge to spell out some sweet words for your hubby!
- If you pack your husband’s lunch, pen him a little note and stick it in… or slide a note into his bag or briefcase for him to find during the day.
- If your husband has email access during the work day, send him an email declaring your love!
- Text your hubby at random times during the day to let him know you love him and are thinking about him. You might find yourself in a lovey-dovey texting volley.